The purpose of this award program is to recognize individuals, community groups, non-profit organizations, and business establishments within the legal, academic, corporate, and/or health community that have demonstrated outstanding achievements and sustained commitment to the pursuit of cultural diversity and inclusion in the community and workplace.
The award was created to recognize and commend organizations and individuals for their support of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, in turn transforming our diverse community into a truly inclusive environment where individuals are valued for their talent and able to reach their full potential.
Individual Achievement DiversityFIRST™ Award to be presented to an individual who has
- Demonstrated dedication and continuing commitment to advocating, raising issues of diversity and protecting civil and human rights. (ex: civil rights, human rights activist, outspoken group leader, cultural ambassador, humanitarian, etc.)
- Led the development of innovative or contemporary measures to fight discrimination and prejudice and the effects of past discrimination, and/or
- Fostered positive communication and actively promoted inter-group relations among persons of different races, ages, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious backgrounds, or physical and mental abilities.
- Participates in a variety of corporate and community events that promotes mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance: any level of involvement in community events, projects, efforts or organizations that promote or celebrate tolerance and contribute to diversity awareness in the community and workplace.
Corporate Achievement DiversityFIRST™ Award to be presented to a business, corporation, or organization that has
- Developed and implemented an effective equal opportunity or affirmative action program as demonstrated by a diversified work force in which all persons are afforded opportunities for employment and upward mobility, regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination.
- Exhibit visionary and insightful leadership to confront and resolve inequities through strategic decision-making, allocation of resources, and establishment of priorities.
- Enhanced the quality of life of the community for the improvement of equal opportunity and for the provision of greater access to government and government.
- Services by multiracial, multicultural populations and increased citizen participation in government or community activities by all segments of the community.
- Demonstrate a consistent pattern of an organizational commitment to the recruitment and retention of individuals of underrepresented populations.
- Cultivate and promote diversity initiatives that establish and foster a more inclusive and equitable work/learning environment.
- Demonstrated continued corporate responsibility by devoting resources for the improvement of community at large.
Please submit your nominations to Brittney Morgan at email@example.com..